Chencho Corleone and Vico C joined forces at the 2023 Billboard Latin Music Week for the Legends on Legends panel on Tuesday (Oct. 3), where the two Latin urban icons talked about the past, present, and future of the movement.
Here are the 10 best quotes Corleone and Vico shared during the panel, which was moderated by Leila Cobo, chief content officer of Billboard Latin and Español.
1. CHENCHO CORLEONE: “Everyone who is a creator is always constantly working even if they don’t release music.”
2. VICO C: “Being successful is not limited to numbers or good opinion. For me, I comply when the results [of a song] are good in all areas.”
3. VICO C: “I’m in all my right with the pencil, because God put me for this.”
4. CHENCHO CORLEONE: “One of the most important elements [in a song] is that it be catchy and stick in people’s minds.”
5. CHENCHO CORLEONE: “When you go to the studio, you have to give your best. Until you are 100% convinced, that doesn’t go to the streets.”
6. VICO C: “This is not my first comeback. I have had several complicated stages in life, between personal and business.”
7. VICO C: “It is important to have a good lawyer and ask God that they’d be the right one. But in the long run, the best, best, best [advice], is to learn the business.”
8. VICO C: “Music is a language that you can decipher — it has that way of making it compatible with a real event.”
9. VICO C: “We cannot confuse one thing with the other: Talent is talent and music is music.”
10. CHENCHO CORLEONE: “Music now doesn’t need a passport.”
Celebrated for more than 30 years, the 2023 edition of Latin Music Week includes a Superstar Q&A with Shakira; the Legends on Legends chat with Chencho Corleone and Vico C; Making the Hit Live! with Carin León and Pedro Capó; a panel with RBD’s Christian Chávez, Christopher von Uckermann, and Maite Perroni; Superstar Songwriter discussion with Edgar Barrera and Keityn, among many other panels, Q&As and workshops. See the ultimate Latin Music Week guide here.
This year’s Latin Music Week, taking place Oct. 2-6, also includes showcases by Peso Pluma, Mike Bahía and Greeicy, DannyLux and Fonseca, to name a few. Check out the dates and times for the showcases throughout the week here.
Official partners of the 2023 Billboard Latin Music Week include AT&T, Cheetos, CN Bank, Delta Air Lines, Lexus, Netflix, Michelob ULTRA and Smirnoff.
Latin Music Week coincides with the 2023 Billboard Latin Music Awards ceremony, which will broadcast live from the Watsco Center in Coral Gables, Fla., on Thursday (Oct. 5) and will air on Telemundo. It will also broadcast simultaneously on Universo, Peacock, the Telemundo App, and throughout Latin America and the Caribbean on Telemundo Internacional.