WHAT'S HOT
HYBE Label Source Music Sues ADOR CEO Min Hee-Jin Over LE SSERAFIM Remarks: Report
Published
2 years agoon
More than a month after Min Hee-jin, CEO of HYBE subsidiary label ADOR, successfully avoided HYBE’s attempt to dismiss her from the job, another HYBE imprint has reportedly filed a lawsuit against the embattled executive and NewJeans executive producer.
On Monday (July 15), Korea JoongAng Daily reported that Source Music, the Korean label under the HYBE Labels umbrella that’s home to K-pop girl group LE SSERAFIM, has sued Min for 500 million Korean won (about $361,000), accusing her of defamation and disruption of business stemming from comments she made during two emotional press conferences she held in April — thereby damaging the LE SSERAFIM project.
Related
NewJeans Label CEO to Remain in Role After Court Blocks HYBE’s Plan to Dismiss K-Pop Exec
05/30/2024
During those press conferences, Min claimed that her girl group project under Source, where she previously worked, was pushed aside by HYBE after the company decided to focus its efforts on LE SSERAFIM, which notably included two members of the hugely popular girl group IZ*ONE. According to Min, that change in focus led her to move away from Source and establish ADOR — a label operating under the HYBE Labels umbrella that Min previously told Billboard “started with guaranteed autonomy” — to house her project, which eventually became NewJeans.
During the press conferences, the ADOR CEO also shared what some considered disparaging remarks about several HYBE artists and Source Music’s talent casting — telling reporters that future NewJeans member Minji was the only Source trainee she wanted to recruit and that she cast the rest of the group members herself.
Source Music has not shared a statement on the reported lawsuit. Billboard has reached out to HYBE to verify the lawsuit and offer further details.
While LE SSERAFIM’s Coachella debut in April turned the girl group into a hot topic in Korean media over the pressure put on K-pop artists, Min’s subsequent remarks turned up the heat even more. The backlash to her critiques was so harsh that it led NewJeans and its five members to disable comments on their Instagram pages in late June.
The new lawsuit marks the second time a HYBE subsidiary has filed suit against Min. In May, BELIFT LAB sued Min for defamation and obstruction of business over her comments that BELIFT’s breakout girl group ILLIT had plagiarized NewJeans, stating that the label “copied all the formulas that we had with” the group.
Related

After Claiming ILLIT’s Label Plagiarized NewJeans, ADOR CEO Sued for Defamation by…
05/22/2024
The new lawsuit reportedly filed by Source is just the latest development in a continually unfolding drama. On July 9, Min reportedly arrived at the Yongsan Police Station in Seoul for questioning after HYBE reported her to authorities for breach of trust. Continuing her proclivity to engage in direct media interactions (instead of putting out press releases and statements like HYBE), a smiling Min left the station after eight hours and, to the press gathered outside, called HYBE’s accusations “comedy.”
Amid the commotion, NewJeans has continued rolling out new music. In late June, the group released its first two singles aimed at the Japanese market: “Supernatural” (which peaked at No. 7 on the Billboard Japan Hot 100) and the B-side “Right Now” (which peaked at No. 47 on the same chart) before holding a fan meeting at the famous Tokyo Dome. Meanwhile, Source Music confirmed that LE SSERAFIM is set to drop new music at the end of August following the February release of its EP Easy, which peaked at No. 8 on the Billboard 200.
Jeff Benjamin
Floyd Mayweather Claims $515 Million In Total Fraud, Says His Jet Vanished Without A Trace
California woman becomes friends with man for $3,000 concert tickets to her favorite artist. Then he keeps hitting her up to hang out: ‘He was waiting for you in the car’
Lizzo Helps Raise $20 Million At amfAR Cannes Gala For AIDS Research
50 Cent Roasts Floyd Mayweather Over 5th Child
Rap Icon Rob Base Of “It Takes Two” Fame Dead At 59
Exclusive Interview With Positive Society
Exclusive Interview with Robert Flournoy
Exclusive Interview with Humble Hefe
Exclusive Interview with Christian K
Exclusive interview with Hefe OG
Cardi B – Bongos (feat. Megan Thee Stallion) [Official Music Video]
Travis Scott – KICK OUT
Kevin Gates – F*k Em (Official Music Video)
Enphamus – No Biggie 2 ft Big Yavo (Official Video)
Rod Wave – Feed The Streets (Official Music Video)
TRENDING
Floyd Mayweather Claims $515 Million In Total Fraud, Says His Jet Vanished Without A Trace
Floyd Mayweather claims he’s been scammed out of over half a billion dollars across multiple lawsuits. Floyd Mayweather is staring...
California woman becomes friends with man for $3,000 concert tickets to her favorite artist. Then he keeps hitting her up to hang out: ‘He was waiting for you in the car’
A woman says a man attempted to “bait and switch” her into romance with tickets to an Ariana Grande concert...
Lizzo Helps Raise $20 Million At amfAR Cannes Gala For AIDS Research
Lizzo opens the amfAR Cannes Gala with a high-energy performance as A-list celebrities gather to raise $20 million for AIDS...
50 Cent Roasts Floyd Mayweather Over 5th Child
50 Cent taunted Floyd Mayweather after finding out the boxer fathered a fifth child and owed major support. 50 Cent...
Rap Icon Rob Base Of “It Takes Two” Fame Dead At 59
Rob Base, the legendary half of Rob Base & DJ E-Z Rock, passes away at 59 after a private cancer...
