TRENDING
Lil Wayne Breaks Silence On Super Bowl Decision: “It Broke Me”
Published
2 years agoon
By
London Jennn
Lil Wayne is finally addressing the backlash following the announcement that Kendrick Lamar will headline the Super Bowl Halftime Show in New Orleans.
In a candid video posted late Thursday night (September 12), an emotional Lil Wayne expressed deep disappointment and pain over missing out on the coveted slot.
“First of all I wanna say forgive me for the delay,” he began. “I had to get strength enough to do this without breaking.” He then thanked everybody who spoke up for him and reached out to him, adding, “Your words turn into arms that held me up when I tried to fall back.”
He continued, accepting responsibility for not preparing himself for the announcement. “I blame myself for not being mentally prepared for a letdown and for just automatically mentally putting myself in that position; like somebody told me that was my position,” Wayne said. “But I thought there was nothing better than that. That stage and that platform in my city. So that hurt. It hurt a whole lot.”
Lil Wayne Believes He Let Down Fans By Not Getting The Super Bowl Opportunity
Nonetheless, Lil Wayne revealed the support he received has been the silver lining that kept him going.
“But y’all. Y’all are f###### amazing,” he added, “It made me feel like s### not getting this opportunity. But when I felt like s###, you guys reminded me that I ain’t s### without y’all. And that’s an amazing reality.”
Lil Wayne admitted, “It broke me,” adding, “I’m just tryna put me back together.”
He concluded, “I feel like I let all of y’all down by not getting that opportunity. But I’m working on me, and I’m working. So, thank you.”
View this post on Instagram A post shared by Lil Wayne (@liltunechi)
The announcement earlier this week sparked outraged reactions from Lil Wayne supporters, claiming the hometown hero deserved to headline the Super Bowl.
Lil Wayne previously expressed his desire to perform at the event, revealing he was “praying” to get the call in one interview and said, “This is my moment” in another.
London Jennn
Source link
Of Course, The White House Turns Drake’s “ICEMAN” Into ICE Propaganda
Alabama Rapper Admits To Killing His Ex On Facebook, Then Himself In Graveyard
Jake Paul’s MVP Bans Claressa Shields After Alleged Assault On Boxer
Donald Trump’s Adviser Denies Nicki Minaj Seeking Favors From The Administration
Donald Trump Posts Shocking Image Of Himself Escorting An Alien In Chains
Exclusive Interview With Positive Society
Exclusive Interview with Robert Flournoy
Exclusive Interview with Humble Hefe
Exclusive Interview with Christian K
Exclusive interview with Hefe OG
Cardi B – Bongos (feat. Megan Thee Stallion) [Official Music Video]
Travis Scott – KICK OUT
Kevin Gates – F*k Em (Official Music Video)
Enphamus – No Biggie 2 ft Big Yavo (Official Video)
Rod Wave – Feed The Streets (Official Music Video)
TRENDING
Of Course, The White House Turns Drake’s “ICEMAN” Into ICE Propaganda
Drake’s “ICEMAN” becomes the latest casualty in the White House’s ongoing obsession with weaponizing Hip-Hop for political messaging. Drake just...
Alabama Rapper Admits To Killing His Ex On Facebook, Then Himself In Graveyard
An Alabama rapper went nuts, killed the mother of his child and then took his own life in a graveyard...
Jake Paul’s MVP Bans Claressa Shields After Alleged Assault On Boxer
Claressa Shields found herself banned from future MVP events after a tense confrontation with fellow boxer Alycia Baumgardner turned into...
Donald Trump’s Adviser Denies Nicki Minaj Seeking Favors From The Administration
Alex Bruesewitz defends Nicki Minaj against claims she sought Trump favors, calling the allegations a “disgusting smear.” Alex Bruesewitz is...
Donald Trump Posts Shocking Image Of Himself Escorting An Alien In Chains
Donald Trump posts a muscular alien in handcuffs while the Pentagon prepares to release more classified UFO files. Donald Trump...
