TRENDING
M.I.A. Sues Kid Cudi Over Death Threats & Lost Millions
Published
3 months agoon
By
Mike Winslow

M.I.A. sues Kid Cudi after receiving death threats and losing $290K in deals following her tour removal.
M.I.A. and her son are receiving death threats after her removal from Kid Cudi‘s “Rebel Ragers” tour, and the financial damage extends far beyond the stage.
The British artist filed a federal lawsuit in California on May 29, detailing how the four-show stint cost her hundreds of thousands in lost opportunities and created a safety crisis for her family.
During her final show in Dallas on May 2, M.I.A. discussed immigration issues affecting her team’s visa status, spoke about ICE enforcement, called for a free Palestine, and mentioned being a Republican voter.
She referenced her 2010 track “Illygirl” and addressed being “cancelled.”
The threats began immediately after Cudi’s team pulled her from the lineup, citing the offensive remarks she made during her performances.
M.I.A. claims the real reason was far more calculated.
Her contract guaranteed $2.8 million for 33 shows with what she calls “sole and exclusive creative control,” meaning she had every legal right to say what she wanted onstage.
Instead of honoring that agreement, she alleges Cudi weaponized her removal to generate publicity for a tour struggling to move tickets.
The financial fallout tells the story. Beyond losing the remaining 29 shows, M.I.A. claims she also lost a $290,000 private-party booking that evaporated after the removal.
Cudi’s public statements about her removal were “riddled with falsehoods,” and the lawsuit argues his motivation was commercial, not moral.
M.I.A. previously responded on X, stating she has “no apology for the judgmental, the wicked and the ignorant” and defending her decades-long advocacy for immigrant rights and social justice.
M.I.A. is arguing that Cudi violated their agreement by removing her for exercising the creative control her contract explicitly guaranteed.
Live Nation and Kid Cudi’s team have not yet responded to the lawsuit.
Related
Mike Winslow
Source link
You may like
-
AOC Breakup Sends Thirsty Men & Women Racing To Shoot Their Shot
-
David Banner Backs MARTA’s Campaign To Improve Transit Experience
-
Chrisean Rock Declares She & Blueface Are Bigger Than Beyoncé & Jay-Z
-
Sidney Starr Wants Out Of Jail As Georgia Sex Case Advances
-
Suge Knight Insists Multiple People Were Involved In Tupac’s Death
-
Prosecutors Build Shooting Case Against Rod Wave With Huge Video Evidence Dump
Drake’s Appearance at Ella Langley’s Show Has Fans Wondering About a Collab
Rosalía’s ‘La Perla’ ‘Wouldn’t Exist’ Without Paquita la del Barrio’s ‘Rata de dos Patas’
Dolly Parton Says She’s Exploring ‘Avatar Performances’
King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard Bring Out Max Weinberg at Forest Hills Stadium
Dale Morris, Nashville Manager Who Guided Careers of Alabama & Kenny Chesney, Dies at 89
Yulia Lundy Is Turning Dreams Into Reality
T Staggs Talks Southern Soul Era, Vol. 2 and Turning Real Life Into Music
Exclusive Interview With Killa Bone
Exclusive Interview With Positive Society
Exclusive Interview with Robert Flournoy
CASHFLOW – Lil Don Young Boss (Official Music Video)
HIM Hardaway
KeeZY – Anytime
RJmrLA & Joe Moses – Selena (Official Video)
“Bally540 – Cant Lose (Official Music Video) / New Hip Hop 2026”
TRENDING
Drake’s Appearance at Ella Langley’s Show Has Fans Wondering About a Collab
Drake is continuing to show love to Ella Langley. On Saturday (Aug. 22), Drizzy was spotted in the crowd at...
Rosalía’s ‘La Perla’ ‘Wouldn’t Exist’ Without Paquita la del Barrio’s ‘Rata de dos Patas’
Rosalía revealed on Saturday (Aug. 22) that the invective against the “emotional terrorist” referenced in her hit heartbreak anthem “La...
Dolly Parton Says She’s Exploring ‘Avatar Performances’
Dolly Parton says she and her team are in early talks with companies that produce “avatar performances,” as she continues...
King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard Bring Out Max Weinberg at Forest Hills Stadium
King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard brought out Max Weinberg as a surprise guest during their Friday (Aug. 21) show...
Dale Morris, Nashville Manager Who Guided Careers of Alabama & Kenny Chesney, Dies at 89
Dale Morris, the legendary Nashville artist manager who helped build the superstar careers of Alabama and Kenny Chesney, has died....
