TRENDING
Ice Cube Pivots To Tournament Idea After FIBA Blocks BIG3 Game With Gold Medalists
Published
2 years agoon
By
Justin Ivey
Ice Cube hasn’t given up on arranging a game between his BIG3 All-Stars and the Netherlands’ 3×3 Basketball Team, which won the gold medal at the 2024 Olympics. The BIG3 co-founder said his $250,000 cash prize offer remains on the table if FIBA allows the game to happen on ESPN’s Pat McAfee Show.
The Hip-Hop legend previously accused FIBA of blocking the Netherlands from competing against the BIG3 All-Stars. The gold medalists accepted his challenge, but FIBA said no to the proposed game. FIBA’s rejection didn’t deter Ice Cube, who pushed back against the organization and pitched a more elaborate tournament idea.
“FIBA’s scared without a doubt,” Ice Cube said. “They came with some technicality that they needed a three-week notice. 10 days is enough to figure out if you want to do it or not. And so, they blew a huge opportunity for these guys and for our guys and for sports fans and for the game of three-on-three. It would’ve got so much attention. So, we still got the money up. It’s like let’s give ‘em more than three weeks so they don’t have no excuses. And they can send a few more team. We can have a BIG Cup. We can have a little tournament to see who’s the best in the world for real, for real.”
We would love to be a part of this three on three tournament @icecube #PMSLive pic.twitter.com/v5FuGCOdw0
— Pat McAfee (@PatMcAfeeShow) August 15, 2024
The BIG3 championship game will be held in Boston on August 18. Ice Cube expressed interest in creating a World Cup-style tournament after the season ends.
“We wide open to create this BIG Cup tournament where we invite the best three-on-three teams in the world to come play,” he told McAfee. “Why not? Let’s do it … Let’s elevate the sport of three-on-three. Let’s get some attention of the world on the style of play. I think it’s a great idea. Let’s make it happen.”
Ice Cube launched his BIG3 basketball league in 2017. He hoped BIG3 players would be involved in the 2028 Olympics.
Justin Ivey
Source link
You may like
-
AOC Breakup Sends Thirsty Men & Women Racing To Shoot Their Shot
-
David Banner Backs MARTA’s Campaign To Improve Transit Experience
-
Chrisean Rock Declares She & Blueface Are Bigger Than Beyoncé & Jay-Z
-
Sidney Starr Wants Out Of Jail As Georgia Sex Case Advances
-
Suge Knight Insists Multiple People Were Involved In Tupac’s Death
-
Prosecutors Build Shooting Case Against Rod Wave With Huge Video Evidence Dump
Tears For Fears’ Curt Smith Puts Hand Up For English Soccer Club
Lizzie Butterworth Is New Australian Festival Association CEO
FKA Twigs Wins First Round in Legal Trademark Battle With Indie Band The Twigs
What Do We Make Of Karol G’s ‘No Me Arrepiento de Sentir Tanto’ Top 10 Debut?
YEONJUN Takes Over The Troubadour for One Night Only
Yulia Lundy Is Turning Dreams Into Reality
T Staggs Talks Southern Soul Era, Vol. 2 and Turning Real Life Into Music
Exclusive Interview With Killa Bone
Exclusive Interview With Positive Society
Exclusive Interview with Robert Flournoy
CASHFLOW – Lil Don Young Boss (Official Music Video)
HIM Hardaway
KeeZY – Anytime
RJmrLA & Joe Moses – Selena (Official Video)
“Bally540 – Cant Lose (Official Music Video) / New Hip Hop 2026”
TRENDING
Tears For Fears’ Curt Smith Puts Hand Up For English Soccer Club
Not everybody wants to rule the world. Curt Smith would be happy with a stake in his beloved soccer team,...
Lizzie Butterworth Is New Australian Festival Association CEO
SYDNEY, Australia — Lizzie Butterworth is appointed chief executive of the Australian Festival Association (AFA). Butterworth brings to the role...
FKA Twigs Wins First Round in Legal Trademark Battle With Indie Band The Twigs
FKA Twigs has defeated trademark infringement claims over her stage name, with a judge ruling that indie band The Twigs...
What Do We Make Of Karol G’s ‘No Me Arrepiento de Sentir Tanto’ Top 10 Debut?
Throughout her career, Karol G has typically taken a couple of years between her albums. So, when she announced her...
YEONJUN Takes Over The Troubadour for One Night Only
On Wednesday, August 12, Billboard and HYBE brought One Night Only with YEONJUN to the iconic Troubadour in Los Angeles, celebrating the...
